The Immigrant Justice Committee’s goal is to establish the Safe Community Act (Bill S. 1401; H.3573) in Winchester.
- Create an inclusive community for immigrants in Winchester
- Develop Winchester as a model for best practices around welcoming and integrating immigrants into a suburban town
- Increase accessibility of Winchester for immigrants and those from abroad
- Promote education around immigration issues
What to do if you are approached by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Source: www.aclu.org/kyr)
- Remain silent when questioned about immigration status.
- Keep doors closed to ICE officers who show up at homes or businesses unless they have an arrest warrant.
- Contact an attorney immediately and refuse to sign any documents if detained.
Jan 24 2020
Massachusetts State House
No event found!