Response & Advocacy Committee
Have you felt discriminated against or bullied because of your race, gender, class, ability, or religion? Have you been the target of offensive remarks or harassment due to your sexual orientation, gender expression, or identity? Would you, or someone you know benefit from a confidential conversation about how to deal with bias or exclusion?
The RAC provides:
Support, consultation and advocacy for individuals who have experienced or witnessed intolerance, bias, harassment, hate or discrimination. Our response is planned in collaboration with the individual(s) requesting our services and is determined by their needs or wishes.
Examples of RAC responses include:
- Support for and sensitivity to experiences and practices of religious minorities.
- A private, confidential consultation
- A public statement of support
- A meeting with the individual(s) who have had a negative impact
- A facilitated conversation
- An action requesting change in a policy or practice of a local business or town department
- The ballot question supporting the rights of transgender people
- Fair health insurance benefits for Winchester retirees
- Equal access for people who are hearing impaired
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Civil and racism-free public discourse