Response & Advocacy Committee
Have you felt discriminated against or bullied because of your race, gender, class, ability, sexuality, religion, or any other aspect of your identity? Have you been the target of offensive remarks or harassment? Would you, or someone you know benefit from a confidential conversation about how to deal with bias or exclusion?
The RAC provides:
Support, consultation and advocacy for individuals who have experienced or witnessed intolerance, bias, harassment, hate or discrimination. Our response is planned in collaboration with the individual(s) requesting our services and is determined by their needs or wishes.
Examples of RAC responses include:
- Support for and sensitivity to experiences and practices of religious minorities.
- A private, confidential consultation
- A public statement of support
- A meeting with the individual(s) who have had a negative impact
- A facilitated conversation
- An action requesting change in a policy or practice of a local business or town department
Affordable Housing Advocacy in Winchester
The Network for Social Justice is committed to putting equity and inclusion at the center of the conversation around housing-seeking to build support for diversifying Winchester’s housing stock. As part of these efforts, the Network is proud to be a member of the Winchester Housing Coalition, a group of students, professionals, and retirees representing a variety causes, committees, and organizations.