The Network for Social Justice’s Schools & Youth Committee seeks to broaden acceptance for diversity and equity in Winchester Public Schools. We accomplish our work by building a strong base of teachers, parents, and students in an effort to generate a culture change towards inclusion in schools and the town as a whole.
- Supporting the enrichment of social justice curriculum in schools
- Empowering parents to better guide their children around social and racial justice issues
- Aligning with the Winchester Public School’s vision and mission
- Building relationships with parents’ associations, school committees and other nonprofits to share best practices
- As part of the Schools & Youth Committee’s work, we support all members of the LGBTQIA+ community and their allies by providing resources and programming to local organizations, schools and community members that build knowledge around LGBTQIA+ issues.
- Social Justice Teaching Resources for Distance Learning handout
- Teaching Thanksgiving in a Socially Responsible Way handout
- Teaching Martin Luther King, Jr Day with Social Justice Standards Grades K-5 handout
- Teaching Martin Luther King, Jr Day with Social Justice Standards Grades 6-12 handout
- Discussing LGBTQIA+ Inclusion handout
If you have a child currently attending a Winchester Public School, or plan to attend a Winchester Public School in the future, and are interested in how social justice themes are incorporated in the curriculum, please consider joining the School & Youth Committee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out this form and someone from the Network will get back to you.